Saturday 5 April 2014

When You Are Not At Work, It Is Amazing What You Can Do

Japanese Afternoon Tea
Did I mention I had Thursday and Friday off work this week? No? Yep! I am currently enjoying a four day weekend (lucky me!) and I am soooooo relaxed! A concert and dinner on Thursday and yesterday - what an action packed day I had! (including walking around 9 miles in town)

Highlights include:

  • Waking up, having a cup of coffee in my favourite mug and reading Flow magazine while listening to The Vitamin String Quartet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7930mL1cr0s (a string quartet that does classical string versions of popular songs)


  • Taking my mum for Japanese Afternoon Tea (complete with champagne and green tea - not at the same time!).While sitting in the Hilton London Bridge Hotel, chewing sushi and munching on macaroons (which felt very decadent and rather naughty), who should walk in a sit down beside us at the next table but Max Clifford! My mum gasped and of course this led to a discussion about him shamelessly making a fortune from the PR of numerous scandals and his alleged sexual abuse and harassment of young girls (when my mother and I get together, we can pretty much talk for hours about EVERYTHING. It's the combined talent of two chatterboxes and is pretty awesome to witness, unless of course, you are a person looking for some peace and quiet - then it is just plain annoying). Trust good ol' Max to incite such a conversation and lower the tone of the afternoon.....
  • After Max left and our conversation about his arrest and sexual abuse trial had come to a conclusion, we went for a walk along the river and through Borough Market and there was so much to see:
Playing in the mini city
A City Thrush
A Monkfish in Borough Market....not be confused with Max Clifford, despite the resemblance...
Awesome looking Tomatoes!
Awesome looking Mushrooms!
Origami Street Art - Revolt! Revolt with Paper Craft!
Umbrella Street Art - a great place for a beer if it is raining....
A life-saving London Pigeon
Obviously the Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland went this way.....
Some beloved but abandoned art.
  • Later that evening I ate Pad Thai (I have had it twice in 24 hours - oh the shame!) and went to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier at the local cinema. Obviously a review will follow on this blog in the next day or so, after I have formulated my thoughts into some sort of coherent prose. 
It is amazing what you can do when you are not work. Perhaps we should all work less? Perhaps the weekend should be 4 days instead of two? I won't hold my breath, as I know the working week is unlikely to change. Oh well, in around 35 years or so I will finally be able to retire. DEEP SIGH.....

No comments:

Post a Comment